Many patients in the Houston, TX area who are scheduled for surgery with Dr. Mark Adickes and his team at Jock to Doc don’t always realize how big of an ordeal these surgeries can be. Whether it’s a tendon repair or a hip replacement, any type of surgery can cause patients to experience pain, weakness, and immobility for a certain period of time following their procedure. Dr. Mark Adickes wants his patients to heal and recover quickly so they can get back to the activities they love. More than ever, doctors are recommending that patients participate in physical therapy following their surgery to have a successful and healthy outcome.
What are the benefits of attending physical therapy following surgical procedures?
Dr. Mark Adickes and his team encourage patients to consider the benefits of physical therapy after their treatments. Physical therapy:
- Is vital to healthy recovery
- Helps patients recover in a shorter period of time
- Allows individuals to regain mobility and range of motion
- Ensures proper healing of replacements and repairs
- Assists in managing pain levels, eliminating the need for strong pharmaceuticals
- Allows patients to get back to their favorite activities faster
- Helps improve muscle strength
- Reduces the risk of post-operative complications
What types of surgery might occur that recommend physical therapy afterwards?
Below are a few of the more common procedures performed by Dr. Mark Adickes at Jock to Doc that might include a referral for physical therapy afterwards:
- Joint replacement surgery
- ACL repair
- Meniscus repair
- Back surgery
- Recent heart attacks and bypass surgeries
- Hip replacement (partial or total)
Talk to your doctor about physical therapy requirements following your upcoming surgical procedure
Dr. Mark Adickes and his team in Houston, TX work routinely with patients to help them restore mobility and function following certain surgical procedures. If you live in the community and are in need of physical therapy, or have a condition that you believe might benefit from surgery, we welcome you to call Jock to Doc at . Our facility is located at 950 Campbell Road and accepts new and established patients to our state-of-the-art office.